[kde-community] Github discussion

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 09:24:57 BST 2015

Dear KDE Community,

This recent controversy has raised a lot of thoughts, ideas, feelings
and even some anger for some people. That seems natural to me, as it
has brought some of our shared values into conflict with one another.

One thing is clear though; we are all passionate about spreading our
software to the world, keeping it free, and making it better.

Lots of ideas were offered of ways to make our software and code more
discoverable, whether on mirrors or on our own servers. I hope folks
will step up in the coming days and make them reality. Sysadmin was
able to get the new mirror online because some developers created the
scripts to make that happen.

Those strong feelings are energy! So let's use that energy to improve
our software and our community.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez