[kde-community] A bridge between Phab and Github?

Emil Sedgh emilsedgh at kde.org
Sun Sep 20 16:10:55 BST 2015

What if we create a bot that makes a review request on our internal tool
(Phab/Reviewboard) for each Github Pull request and tries to make a
bridge between KDE's infrastructure and Github?

A bot that would sync the comments/[commits/diffs] between Phab and Github.

This actually fixes a few problems:
1) Regular contributors get to use KDE's FOSS based tools all the time
2) They wont have to join/use/rely on non-FOSS github.
3) KDE will not rely on Github in any way
4) Newcomers get to use Github and this could potentially get us more
contributors

Of course when newcomers get more involved, we will ask them to use our own
infrastructure.

Im just brainstorming, feel free to ignore ;)