[kde-community] What is a GitHub pull request exactly?

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sun Sep 20 14:07:29 BST 2015

On Sunday, September 20, 2015 03:01:09 PM Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Riccardo Iaconelli ha scritto:
> > On Sunday, September 20, 2015 12:26:41 PM Sune Vuorela wrote:
> >> Free software needs free tools.
> >
> > I am sorry, but sadly this is not the state of the art. KDE has been
> > created  with many non free tools and currently co-exists in many
> > non-free environments. We can either decide to live with it and improve
> > the situation little by little or put our heads in the sand, build walls
> > around us and pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist.
>
> But we replaced them as soon as we could.

To follow-up on my other reply (sorry for the double post), this is exactly
where the "little by little" part that I was quoting comes into play.

KDE should step in a more closed environment, and use its weight to show
people there is a better way to develop software. But in order to do that, it
must reach out to new channels and new people who are not yet aware.

Bye,
-Riccardo