[kde-community] What is a GitHub pull request exactly?

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Sun Sep 20 13:26:41 BST 2015

On 2015-09-20, Riccardo Iaconelli <riccardo at kde.org> wrote:
> How exactly have you been fooled?

> Proposal #1 - accepted,

Proposal #1 was a pure mirror. No other services used. Before the
initial mirror was actually completed, the next proposal comes up to
start doing even more github.

> Proposal #2 - up for  discussion.

> "Fooling" would have been Jaroslaw using pull requests (which are
> open) without asking permission to the whole community first.

Had I imagined that proposal #2 would come immediately, I'd have argued
heavily against proposal #1.

Now I'm heavyl proposing #2, because I expect a proposal #3 to come
after proposal #2 has been accepted but before implemented.

Free software needs free tools.

/Sune