[kde-community] What is a GitHub pull request exactly?

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sun Sep 20 12:37:08 BST 2015

On Sunday, September 20, 2015 10:35:19 AM Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2015-09-20, Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek at kde.org> wrote:
> > But effectively it won't be reviews because the KDE reviewers won't use
> > it.
> > Or do you think we need some dracon law because our community cannot do
> > self-control?
>
> I have just been fooled once regarding github and KDE. That makes me not
> currently believe in self-control.

How exactly have you been fooled? Proposal #1 - accepted, Proposal #2 - up for
discussion. "Fooling" would have been Jaroslaw using pull requests (which are
open) without asking permission to the whole community first.

I would recognize and praise his openness and collaborativeness, not simply
insult him as a fooler because you don't agree with him.

-Riccardo