[kde-community] Bikeshedding - our strength apparently *sigh*

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sat Sep 19 19:32:43 BST 2015

On 09/19/2015 08:25 PM, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Saying "I don't look at the KDE review tool" would be like saying "I am not
> interested in your patch".

Saying "My personal productivity and efficiency matters more
to me in the long-run than your patch, so please use the tool
I prefer to reach me" happens all the time, and is a respect-
able stance.

In fact, it's come up in this thread because that's what "I
don't want to use two review sites even if having two means
more patches than I would get otherwise" means.

It also comes up when someone says "please put this in BKO
instead of telling me on IRC because not having all my data
in one central location is a problem for me".

Simplicity and centralization matter. If there are two code
review sites, some people will be willing to work with both
of them, others will prefer one over the other. Some of the
latter may pick GitHub.

> Cheers,
> Kevin

Cheers,