[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Sep 19 14:28:56 BST 2015

Kevin Krammer ha scritto:
> On Saturday, 2015-09-19, 14:43:37, Bhushan Shah wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Sune Vuorela <nospam at vuorela.dk> wrote:
>>> I personally feel a bit fucked over right now. All this started with a
>>> KDE github mirror and *just a mirror*. No pull requests. No bugtracker.
>>> No nothing else. Just a mirror. And it was repeatedly said in the thread
>>> that it would be just a mirror. Just a mirror.
>>
>> And when we say mirror and if we start to accept pull request there it
>> will also complicate the sysadmin work if I know correctly
>>
>> How would git.kde.org will stay up-to-date if you merged pull request
>> on github? This is one of the reason currently sysadmin allows pushes
>> on just git.kde.org and not on anongit.kde.org
>
> I have to say I don't have any experience with pull requests, whatever those
> are, but since Jaroslaw put the into the context of patches by email I would
> assume that the workflow still has all patches go through proper review, these
> pull request would just be a form of patch submission.
>
> Lets consider an example, say Okular.
>
> If Okular has the policy that nothing is merged without review, then all
> patches for Okular need to go through KDE's review tool
> (reviewboard/gerrit/phabricator/whatever).
>
> If contributors to Okular feel they want to accept submission per email,
> bugzilla attachment or github pull request, then they will still have to
> submit these patches for review, no?

About this specific example, the normal answer to Okular patches on bugzilla
is "please send it through reviewboard".

Isn't it possible to automated this step on github? A bot/jenkins job that
checks for pull requests and writes this message whenever a pull request is
opened on github, if it's not possible to disable them?

Ciao
--
Luigi