[kde-community] Have repo maintainers opt-in for github mirroring (was: Re: Official KDE mirror on github)

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Sep 18 23:20:36 BST 2015

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 10:02 AM, Martin Steigerwald
<martin at lichtvoll.de> wrote:
> Hello Friedrich,

Hi Martin,

> Am Freitag, 18. September 2015, 23:22:41 CEST schrieb Friedrich W. H.
> Kossebau:
>> For the first, my answer is not: mirror on github, but rather: make this
>> info  better accessable (heck, perhaps simply put in the About dialog, in a
>> new tab "Developers").
>
> I think its even possible to just mentioning that in any github.com/kde page.
>
> "You are looking for our code on github.com?
>
> We don´t use github.com due to …, but you can find out code on … and we also
> have a nice way to provide reviews in … and our task and project management is
> at …
>
> We look forward to your contributions."
>
> So I see no need to provide an actual mirror of the source code in order to
> point to KDE infrastructure.

Unfortunately they have a limit on the description length we can place
there of 120 characters.

> I was a bit confused as first there was talk about disabling pull requests.
> Yet now the github.com/kde mirror is up, but I also read its not possible to
> disable pull requests. I´d expected that someone would check this before the
> move.

I was under the impression they were disabled by the options we had
selected. Unfortunately that is not the case.

> Anyway, for bug triaging I will just look at bugzilla for now. And since I
> didn´t write more than a few lines of code so far, except for this idea I
> leave this discussion to those who contributed more code.

Github Issues are not enabled, so this won't be a problem.

> Thanks,
> --
> Martin

Cheers,