[kde-community] Have repo maintainers opt-in for github mirroring (was: Re: Official KDE mirror on github)

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Sep 18 23:02:15 BST 2015

Hello Friedrich,

Am Freitag, 18. September 2015, 23:22:41 CEST schrieb Friedrich W. H.
Kossebau:
> For the first, my answer is not: mirror on github, but rather: make this
> info  better accessable (heck, perhaps simply put in the About dialog, in a
> new tab "Developers").

I think its even possible to just mentioning that in any github.com/kde page.

"You are looking for our code on github.com?

We don´t use github.com due to …, but you can find out code on … and we also
have a nice way to provide reviews in … and our task and project management is
at …

We look forward to your contributions."

So I see no need to provide an actual mirror of the source code in order to
point to KDE infrastructure.

I was a bit confused as first there was talk about disabling pull requests.
Yet now the github.com/kde mirror is up, but I also read its not possible to
disable pull requests. I´d expected that someone would check this before the
move.

Anyway, for bug triaging I will just look at bugzilla for now. And since I
didn´t write more than a few lines of code so far, except for this idea I
leave this discussion to those who contributed more code.

Thanks,
--
Martin