[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Sep 18 13:53:07 BST 2015

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 12:50 AM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Myriam,

> On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Boudhayan Gupta <bgupta at kde.org> wrote:
>> Ladies and gentlemen, as you read this mail github.com/kde is being
>> populated by the initial sync of all repositories.
>>
>> Maybe someone should make a public announcement?
>>
>> Shout out to Ben, he truly is a superhero.
>
> I see quite a few things showing up there that I doubt are useful to
> mirror, as the development of those parts is dead since quite some
> time. Examples: various koffice-* parts and phonon-xine. Not sure this
> is in our interest...

The script is simply transferring a copy of all our mainline
repositories to Github. As the list is sorted by activity I believe,
our regular repositories should rise to the top once the initial
population has completed. It also indicates that we have plenty of
repos which should be cleaned up...

> Regards, Myriam

Cheers,
Ben