[kde-community] Updating TechBase Getting_Started pages

Alex Merry alex.merry at kde.org
Mon Aug 17 17:57:30 BST 2015

On 2015-08-17 16:47, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> The following doc takes the point of view of a new developer or
> designer who
> would like to contribute, it has high-level starting points:
>
> https://community.kde.org/Plasma/Mobile/Contributing

The general equivalent of this page is
https://community.kde.org/Get_Involved
- it gives an overview of the areas you can get involved in, and links
pages with more detail about how to get involved in that way.

I think it makes a nice jumping-off point, and is good for emphasising
that
writing code is far from the be-all-and-end-all of KDE.

It's very much a community involvement page, though, and techbase needs
an
equivalent whose selection is more along the lines of "I want to write
code /
I want to use the Frameworks in my own project / I want to deploy KDE
software
to 20 000 computers". The "how to build our software" is just one part
of
that.

Co-ordinating the "development" track on the community wiki and the
"build /
send in patches" track on the techbase wiki is going to take some
thought,
though.

Alex