[kde-community] Official KDE mirror on github

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Mon Aug 17 08:35:02 BST 2015

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 7:46 AM, Martin Graesslin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> I suggest that we:
> * introduce an official mirror for all KDE repositories on github
> * replace all existing (non-official) clones
> * disallow pull-requests on github to not replace our development model by a
> proprietary platform.
>
> Comments?

+1 on mirroring.

There is an ecosystem around github that I for one find rather useful
for releaseme [1], where I use a bunch of stuff to conduct static
analysis of the code and CI it. This is even more hadny considering
releaseme is written in ruby, so if one wanted to do the same stuff on
jenkins (which one could do) the sysadmins would have to maintain a
ruby stack for one repo which isn't even a product in of itself.

https://github.com/apachelogger/releaseme