[kde-community] Mailing list for KDE tutorials discussion

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Thu Aug 13 10:20:17 BST 2015

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 2, 2015 at 2:13 PM, Franklin Weng <franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Following the discussion in "Teaching Qt with KDE" BoF, I've took a look at
> full mailing list [1].  I didn't find any existing one appropriate for this
> purpose.  kde-doc-english list seems to aim for writing KDE manuals with
> applications.
>
> If you have any good suggestion for using existing one, please tell me.  If
> not, should we create a list for discussing KDE tutorials including
> TechBase, UserBase, and this one?
>
> No matter what list we use, I'll announce it in kde-devel too to see if any
> other kde developers are interested.
>
> BTW, the course outline I created for Qt/KDE tutorial is at [2].  If you are
> interested, please feel free to add your suggestions in it.
>
> Thanks for everyone in Akademy.
>
> Franklin

> [2] https://notes.kde.org/p/Learn_Qt_Programming_with_KDE

I have not followed this discussion so far. However, I wonder whether
kde-teaching at kde.org is really necessary. Isn't that what kde-devel
is exactly for?

Reasoning behind this: we already have kde-core-devel for "the real" suff,
so kde-devel must have some purpose. What's nice with kde-devel is
that most of the kde contributors are subscribed there. A mailing list
only works, if there are enough users *and* KDE developers around
to sustain it. kde-devel for sure meets this requirement.

For me, this is also about getting new KDE contributors, and there is
no better place to ask than kde-devel.

CC: kde-community list

Greetings,
Dominik