[kde-community] Program to show presenter time remaining countdown for Akademy talks

Peter Bouda pbouda at cidles.eu
Fri Jun 26 09:18:01 BST 2015

Am Freitag 26 Juni 2015, 01:07:14 schrieb Ingo Klöcker:
> On Thursday 25 June 2015 10:12:08 Kenny Duffus wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > We are looking for someone with some free time to work on a small
> > program to take the Akademy schedule which is available in iCalendar,
> > xCal, XML and JSON formats
> >
> >  https://conf.kde.org/en/akademy2015/public/schedule
> >
> > And show a count down of talk time for the presenter on a small 3"
> > 480x320 LCD on a Raspberry Pi
>
> If a simple HTML+JavaScript "program" running in a web browser is
> acceptable then I can write it.

On the other end of the simple<->complex scale I suggest to create an Embedded
Linux system that boots a QML count down app. I did a similar project
recently, with touchscreen and WIFI, so it would be a matter of writing the
QML code. I have a little free time, if that is the way you want to go.

Best,
Peter