[kde-community] stackexange site for krita

Scott Petrovic scottpetrovic at gmail.com
Tue May 26 02:36:35 BST 2015

The way we are designing this Q&A site, I am starting to think it is a bit
clumsy. This "answer to a question" will always be specific to a project.
Even if we get the filtering thing to work, it will always need to be
filtered on every page. Every project will have to have this sticky state -
hiding all other project questions and answers from the end user. It adds a
level of 'required configuration' that doesn't exist in Q&A sites. This
just seems clunky and unnecessary.

I almost feel that this solution needs to take a slightly different
approach.

1. Have http://answers.kde.org/kde/ go to a KDE specific Q&A site. "What is
KDE". "How do I help with translations". Things like that.
http://answers.kde.org could also redirect to here

2. From there, individual projects will need to request their own Q&A site
if they really think they are wanting one. Krita would be (
https://answers.kde.org/krita/ )

With the Krita pilot site, KDE will be able to decide if the WordPress +
plugin is a good standard for any future infrastructure requests. If the
Krita version is successful, I could also help if KDE wants to have a more
general purpose KDE themed version. This KDE version could also be the base
theme for any new projects that are created in the future.

How does this direction sound? Are there technical hurdles with this? What
are the downsides?

Scott