[kde-community] Community Inputs on KScreenGenie

Aaron Seigo aseigo at mykolab.com
Tue Apr 21 09:53:41 BST 2015

Hi.

There are two different questions here.

Is a rewrite of this app the best possible path? Frankly, it is not. It seems that such concerns are not on the "priority list" these days, however, so I will entertain only the other part of this:

If this app is selected for inclusion, should it have a new name or recycle the old one?

Related: does it make sense to ship and maintain multiple screenshot apps? I don't think so. So...

Iff KDE elects to ship ScreenGeenie, a decision that ought to be made with care, for the sake of users and general continuity,  the current ksnapshot codebase should imho be retired and the name reused for the new app.