[kde-community] kde-community Digest, Vol 25, Issue 4

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Apr 17 19:31:52 BST 2015

From: Boudhayan Gupta <me at baloneygeek.com>
> Hi all,
>
> Over the past few weeks, I have been writing a new screenshot
> application for KDE. I'm calling it KScreenGenie, and the code is
> currently online at https://github.com/BaloneyGeek/KScreenGenie.
>
> I initially started out by trying to help out in porting KSnapshot to
> KF5, but it struck me that there was a lot of duplication in the code,
> major changes in the design would be required to support Wayland, and
> that there was support for a whole bunch of strange image grabbers,
> including one which allows one to capture a single widget in the
> application

do you mean the "section of window" ?
I know many (non-geek) people who use that.
At work we actually had to modify our (proprietary) application to make it
work again (I think we turned all QMdiSubWindows into real X11 widgets by
calling nativeParentWidget() or something like that), now they can again
happily make screenshots of these windows for their presentations etc.
IOW, it is a useful feature.

Alex