[kde-community] stackexange site for krita

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:39:46 GMT 2015

On 02/27/2015 03:02 AM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2015, Laszlo Papp wrote:
>
>> I doubt that this assertion in the Qt and especially the KDE community
>> to be honest.
>
> You're missing one very big and important point: this isn't about the Qt
> and the KDE community. This is about the Krita user community, which a
> totally different group of people.
>
> Boudewijn

Yes, it's about the Krita user community. And it could also apply for
users of other KDE technology. But to your point...it's about users.

I am primarily a KDE technology user. Being somewhat not-technical, I
often have questions that this kind of capability would serve well. On
top of that, I am one of the local "KDE Experts", dealing with users who
have even less technical savvy. It would be wonderful to have a place
for these people's questions.

Both osqa.net/ and lampcms.com/ would work for the users I know about.
I'm slightly in favor of lampCMS rather than the freemium
OSQA/AnswerHub. Depends if the paid version has features we need and
can't get otherwise.

Boud asks, "What's the next step?". Two viable candidates have been
proposed. It should be a simple matter for some smart, committed people
to decide. And there should be input from the KDE SysAdmin team as they
would implement on the KDE infrastructure.

Carl