[kde-community] retiring unmaintained modules?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Jan 13 00:18:29 GMT 2015

El Dilluns, 12 de gener de 2015, a les 00:49:22, Luigi Toscano va escriure:
> Myriam Schweingruber ha scritto:
> > Last time I was trying to close the kmail 1 bugs as unmaintained, asking
> > people to reopen if it stilkl applies to kmail2 I was shouted at and
> > told that somebody has to check if that still applies to Kmail2 before
> > closing, go figure! I just fear that with 880 open reports this is never
> > going to happen...
>
> It was me who complained, the maintainer complained as well, and it was
> about wishlist only, not other kind of bugs. Are we talking about all
> bugs including wishlist here?

Sure, why not, at the end they are bugs/wishes sitting in an unmaintained
product. Someone needs to triage them and see if they apply, since it's been
demonstrated we don't have the manpower to do it ourselves, why not outsource
it to the users with a nice explanation of why we're asking them to do that?

Cheers,
  Albert