[kde-community] Your KDE highlight of 2014?

Rick Timmis Rick.Timmis at Abazander.com
Sat Dec 20 09:55:16 GMT 2014

On December 19, 2014 10:08:55 AM GMT, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
>Hey folks :)
>
>2014 is coming to an end. This gives us some time for reflection. What
>are your KDE highlights of 2014? A team that kicked ass? A really good
>release? An event where you made great new friends? Something entirely
>different?
>
>My personal highlight of 2014 is that we have an amazing visual design
>and usability team that really gets what KDE is all about and makes
>our software look great and ready for many more users.
>

>Cheers
>Lydia
>

>PS: I am writing a year-in-review piece for the dot and this will be
>part of the input.

Hi Lydia, et al

I've had joining the Kubuntu dev team on my Bucket list for several years. I love KDE and have used it as my desktop of choice for over 10 years.
Plasma 5 is just gorgeous, and even in its Beta it is working  well for me. Activities have been so useful for me also.

My highlight; Becoming a Kubutnu Ninja Yellow belt. Working with Scarlet and Jonathan from the Kubuntu team has been really interesting, and to put the cherry on the cake, I've been invited to help out on the KDE stand at FOSDEM in 2015

Thanks
Rick Timmis