[kde-community] LISA/USENIX 14 Seattle Nov 9 - 14; exhibit Nov 12&13

Carl Symons csymons at kde.org
Tue Sep 30 16:32:20 BST 2014

On 09/29/2014 11:59 PM, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Carl Symons <carlsymons at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello KDE Community...
>> especially those who are in US-Cascadia (aka The Pacific Northwest).
>>
>> KDE will have an exhibit space at the LISA 14 conference in Seattle[1]. Your
>> participation is warmly invited. We will be presenting KDE software, along
>> with other magic from the KDE Community.
>>
>> If you want to be part of this effort to publicize the Community and our
>> technology, please let me know. The conference takes place from November 9th
>> to 14th; the exhibition is on the 12th and 13th. We have been given access
>> to the exhibition; the full conference is separate and not included in the
>> sponsored passes.
>>
>> LISA is a big deal as can be seen from the current list of exhibitors[2]. We
>> are leaders, and belong at the top of the tech world. Please come to LISA
>> and help tell our story.
>>
>> Please let me know if you are interested and available to be part of this.
>>
>> Carl
>>

>> [1] https://www.usenix.org/conference/lisa14
>> [2] https://www.usenix.org/conference/lisa14/sponsors-and-exhibitors
>
> Love that we're going to be there. I don't see us on the list of
> exhibitors though?

Was just approved by the LISA organizers. We're not on the
sponsor/exhibitor list yet because some things don't happen by magic.

> I'll figure out a place to stay in Seattle so I can be closer, and
> help to staff the booth.
>
> In other local news, there is a new KDE meetup group:
> http://www.meetup.com/KDE-Users-Seattle/events/208207812/

I have been exploring the possibility of having KDE Cascadia II in
conjunction with linuxfestnorthwest.org (April 25 & 26, 2015 in
Bellingham). I won't be at the meetup, but I would be interested in
knowing if the people at the meetup will support KDE Cascadia and
attend. Last time there was only one solid supporter...elcaset. We can
do better than that.

Carl