[kde-community] Closing the kde-core-devel mailing list

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Aug 26 12:01:16 BST 2014

On Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12.34:35 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> That's not what I implied though, I just said that I think we should have a
> dedicated mailing list for frameworks users, in no way I said it will get
> us more users.

I will simply quote your own email:

"We want frameworks to spread throughout the world and we want people using
it everywhere; I think we should have a proper, standalone support contact
point for these developers, which is not loaded with other KDE devel stuff."

> And I still think that dedicated frameworks support mailing
> list would be better than general purpose kde-devel.

kde-devel is not general purpose. It is specifically for discussion of
developing applications with KDE technical offerings, including the frameworks
libraries.

> Just out of curiosity - why do you think having a dedicated ML purely for
> frameworks users would be such a bad idea?

I don't think it is a bad idea. I think the definition of what "purely for
frameworks" means has become unnecessarily and undesirably (even dangerously)
narrow and that k-c-d and k-d serves the purpose for development-of and use-of
perfectly. This comes at a time when both of those lists need revitalization,
something which I'm suggesting would be well accomplished by returning to
their original purposes.

--
Aaron J. Seigo