[kde-community] Hackaton in Timișoara Romania

Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan ovidiu.b13 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 18:54:12 BST 2014

Hello world

I'm returning with some more details and clarifications.

The Hackaton will host multiple sections, one of which will be Open Source. Other sections are
Gaming, Web development, Mobile development, embedded programming, etc.

We already have some interest from the OpenStack community, and I would hope to have more
interest from the KDE community.

As I've mentioned we are expecting ~500 hackers, for the whole event, not just the Open Source
section. The hackers can be students or IT professionals.

We are currently looking for sponsors and are in the process of finalizing finalizing the venue
negotiation.

I am aware that 17-19 october is very soon, but I'm still hoping We will be able to bring
someone from KDE over, to give a few talks and mentor the hackers.

The entire exact layout of the event has not been yet established, it's still a work in progress.
We will have a meeting on Thursday to resolve more things.

I'm also hoping for some help on how to organize the KDE part of the Open Source section
(presentation, talks, project workflow, etc.)

Any feedback or questions are greatly apreciated.

Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan
GeekAliens.com[1]
Kubuntu România[2]

--------