[kde-community] Fundraising

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 09:16:43 BST 2014

On Monday 14 July 2014 16:22:09 Christoph Cullmann wrote:

> > > That really sort of is a no-brainer -- it should work really very well.
> > > Nice, polite, informative and effective.
> >
> > +1 this is a very nice thing to do. Heck, we spend a lot of time on the
> > release announcements, why not have a plasmoid show the top 3-5 new
> > features, even guide people to them to benefit from them. And ask for
> > support while we're at it...
>
> +1 too, but I would in addition like to have the "Sponsor KDE..." or
> whatever entry in the Help menu, close to nobody will find such stuff in
> "About...".

True. Note that instead of 'donate' or 'sponsor', I'd prefer to have a link
to 'support KDE' or 'contribute to KDE', and have it go to a page about more
than donating. Give quick links to ppl to tweet, like etc on social media
(bit like this: http://owncloud.org/promote/ ) and a link to our pages on how
to get involved. In short - it should be about helping out in general.