[kde-community] Fundraising

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Jul 11 08:32:08 BST 2014

On Thursday 10 July 2014 18:08:42 John Layt wrote:
> Getting really evil, we could insert campaign messages into the Plasma
> Notifications.  Or we could have a separate notifier icon in the
> system tray.  Or insert a "Donate" option into the Kicker menu in the
> Favourites or Leave tab.  Or add an iCalendar feed to the Plasma
> calendar.  Or put a "$" windeco button in every KWin title bar.

As I added Jos's magical unicorn yesterday [1] I feel obliged to also show a
window decoration with a "$" button [2]. Yes it could be done, no
I don't think it's a good idea.

Otherwise I'm all for it. Personally I'd like to see us ship a default
plasmoid in 5.1 which shows donation information. From KWin perspective one
could add a donate entry to the "user actions" (Alt+F3) menu. That would be
well enough hidden to not annoy and on the same time be present in each window
(even not KDE windows, evil, evil). From KWin perspective I also need to point
out that adding a donate button to the splash screen doesn't work as KWin
hides splash screens when they are clicked.

Cheers
Martin
[1] http://paste.opensuse.org/75160382
[2] http://paste.opensuse.org/83183328