[kde-community] Proposal email For: More architectures/platforms for KDE's CI

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Tue May 13 17:21:36 BST 2014

Am Dienstag, 29. April 2014, 19.24:02 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:

Good morning

Here the summary is easy ;-).

[snip]

> > Next steps:
> > - Linux: Well underway ;-).
> > - Mac OS X: a first slave is in the prototype phase (by help of KDE
> > Mac(ports) people)
> > - Windows: Pau is trying to contact Microsoft about licenses
> > - Android: ARM and/or x86? BogDan offered his help to bring KF5 to
> > Android - What other platform/architecture could we konquer...?
>
> I guess some BSD wouldn't hurt either.

Of course. And some other compilers (clang...). Are there any BSD and Clang
and Co people here that could help and move this discussion to a technical
list?

> > Now please tell me your opinion in a short, constructive and polite way.
> > Details can be discussed in Randa and/or at Akademy. So let's concentrate
> > on the bigger ideas.
>
> Don't see what's there's to discuss here, more CI is just a better thing,
> if there's no CI for some platforms is not because we hate them is because
> noone has stepped to do the work needed ;-)

I couldn't agree more ;-). And since today there is some new power to check
how and what kind of MS Windows licenses we could and should get.

Best regards
Mario