[kde-community] Proposal email For: More architectures/platforms for KDE's CI

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Apr 29 18:24:02 BST 2014

El Dimarts, 29 d'abril de 2014, a les 17:54:29, Mario Fux va escriure:
> Disclaimer: This proposal arrives a bit later because I was already working
> actively on it (not technically, but by connecting the right people).
>
> Proposal:
> To get and activate as many platforms/architectures as possible and useful
> in and for our Continuous Integration (CI) system build.kde.org
>
> Details:
> You didn't know that we have a CI system, really? Go and read about it at
> [1] and [2]. The current system works very well thanks to the hard works of
> Ben Cooksley and Co.
> With KDE Frameworks 5 approaching and the first applications ported to KF5
> our possible reachable platforms raise in numbers. This together with Qt of
> course. And with this platform come user that could donate...
>
> But to ensure that our software runs or even compiles on this platforms we
> need automatic compilation of our software and best CI. So the goal of this
> idea and proposal is it to find new platforms (hardware, licenses, etc.) and
> people that keep them running.
>
> Next steps:
> - Linux: Well underway ;-).
> - Mac OS X: a first slave is in the prototype phase (by help of KDE
> Mac(ports) people)
> - Windows: Pau is trying to contact Microsoft about licenses
> - Android: ARM and/or x86? BogDan offered his help to bring KF5 to Android
> - What other platform/architecture could we konquer...?

I guess some BSD wouldn't hurt either.

> Now please tell me your opinion in a short, constructive and polite way.
> Details can be discussed in Randa and/or at Akademy. So let's concentrate on
> the bigger ideas.

Don't see what's there's to discuss here, more CI is just a better thing, if
there's no CI for some platforms is not because we hate them is because noone
has stepped to do the work needed ;-)

Cheers,
  Albert