[kde-community] updating kde.org/contact

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 22 08:12:27 GMT 2014

\o/

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 6:07 AM, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At some discussion, it came up that kde.org/contact is quite a bit outdated.
> Some of these folks are indeed still contact people, others are not.

I will write each of the contact addresses, ask those folks if they
are still the KDE contact, and to ensure that their contact
information is correct.

> Another issue is that on the top of the page, it does not give much hints
> about where to bring what subject. It might be valuable to note that:
> * development issues can go to relevant mailing lists or bugzilla (point to
> our list of mailing lists & bugzilla)
> * confidential or sensitive political, financial or legal issues can go to
> the board
> * other community issues can be discussed on kde-community at kde.org
>
> Also, note that this page is NOT easy to find: kde.org does not link to it.
> That is good, considering its current state, but if we fix it we can use it
> again ;-)
>
> Input? What's missing? Anybody up for writing a draft text which would fit
> above the red "Please do not phone xxxx" line?
>
> And how about pruning that list of contacts...
>
> Cheers,
> Jos

Here is my suggestion:

Official Representatives and Press Contacts of the KDE Project

Our representatives and press contacts can help in the following circumstances:
 * If you are from a media organisation and would like to arrange an
interview with a local KDE developer.
 * If you would like to make official contact with the KDE Project.

In general, the way to contact the community in KDE is through our
email lists. We also have an active Forum.

 * For general press contact, please write our KDE-Promo list:

 * For information and discussion about KDE the community, please
write: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-community

 * Questions about KDE software in general can be directed to the KDE
list: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde

 * Development issues can go to relevant mailing list or bugzilla:

 * Confidential or sensitive political, financial or legal issues can
go to the board: kde-ev-board at kde.org.

 * If you have a problem with the KDE.org website, please e-mail
webmaster at kde.org.

We are unable to provide technical support or other technical
information through our representatives and press contacts.

========

By the way, the KDE-Community list should be listed on the general
list page: http://www.kde.org/support/mailinglists/

--
http://about.me/valoriez