[kde-community] Request to join the Kde incubator for GCompris

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Wed Feb 19 13:56:43 GMT 2014

On 2014-02-19, Agustin benito bethencourt <abenito at kde.org> wrote:
> I must confess though that I am worry about the association between:
> * proprietary platforms = commercial
> * free platforms = non commercial
>
> that might be implied from this model.

I understood it that it was 'source code is free software and it is
available over there => <link>'  'My binaries available from over there
=> <otherlink> costs money to be fully used'.

I agree that I might worry about what Augustin is writing. But I have no
issue with people charging for their binary builds of free software,
and I'm pretty sure that others, including RMS, Redhat and others would
be okay for such a business model. (I of course assume that you still
live up to the license)

You can probably also hire half of the people on this list to build
windows installers for you - for a fee.

/Sune