[kde-community] Request to join the Kde incubator for GCompris

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Sun Feb 16 17:10:56 GMT 2014

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 5:40 PM, Kevin Ottens <ervin at kde.org> wrote:
> Since a project going through the incubator should have a sponsor who oversees
> the integration and provide guidance to a community willing to join, let me
> say that I volunteer to be GCompris' sponsor.
>
> I think it especially makes sense as I live in Toulouse too and I've known
> Bruno for years now. Hopefully it'll make the process easier.
>
> I just need to know if we're willing to start that process, or is there anyone
> with concerns of having GCompris in our community? Finding issues and
> resolving them is obviously part of the process, so I'm thinking about
> anything radical (on the value level), personally I don't think there's any.

Thanks for being the sponsor, Kevin. Let's go ahead. It seems there is
overwhelming agreement that GCompris would be a great addition to our
education efforts.
Bruno: Thanks for your trust. May KDE be a good home for you and your software.

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors / KDE Community Working Group
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org