[kde-community] Request to join the Kde incubator for GCompris

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Feb 16 16:40:51 GMT 2014

Hello,

On Thursday 13 February 2014 04:48:00 Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> [...]
> So this is a brain new project with just a demonstrator of only 4
> activities on 140. I think it is a good time frame for GCompris to join
> the Kde community for different reasons: [...]
>
> I hope my request did raise your interest and I'll be please to answer
> your questions.

Since a project going through the incubator should have a sponsor who oversees
the integration and provide guidance to a community willing to join, let me
say that I volunteer to be GCompris' sponsor.

I think it especially makes sense as I live in Toulouse too and I've known
Bruno for years now. Hopefully it'll make the process easier.

I just need to know if we're willing to start that process, or is there anyone
with concerns of having GCompris in our community? Finding issues and
resolving them is obviously part of the process, so I'm thinking about
anything radical (on the value level), personally I don't think there's any.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net