[kde-community] QtCurve

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Jan 27 16:21:58 GMT 2014

написане Mon, 27 Jan 2014 17:55:20 +0200, Yichao Yu <yyc1992 at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Yuri Chornoivan
>> Just want to notice that QtCurve has well-established translation
>> infrastructure unlike some recent approved KDE projects. It would be
>> great to
>> have it with ready-to-release translations in KDE catalogs. :)
>
> As for translation, I actually have a few questions:
>
> 1, If the translations of QtCurve is merged with kde-i18n, is it still
> possible to release the translations along with QtCurve itself? Will
> this also make it harder to make git package? (like this[1]).

Sure. Just use release script from kdesdk to download the translations
 from SVN and package QtCurve traball. The ready-to-use tarball can be
placed on KDE ftp or anywhere else if you like. Not sure if it can be
automated for the releases without any tag (just a modification hash in
git) though.

> 2, I've noticed that KDE has automatic tools to merge translations into
> desktop files. I'm wondering if its behavior can be customized. E.g.
> is it possible to make the merge at build time (not so bad if this is
> not possible) and can it support non-standard (QtCurve specific)
> desktop file (or maybe I should call it ini file). I might want to add
> sth like this to QtCurve in the near future (mainly for the configure
> system) and I don't think it is a good idea to modify the KDE scripts
> for QtCurve because I would like to keep the freedom to change how
> these QtCurve internal files are handled.

Yes, this can be done. Just name these files with .desktop extension then
rename them with CMake magic at the installation time.

Example:

install( FILES
     sth.desktop
     DESTINATION ${DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/qtcurve/ini
     RENAME sth.ini
)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,