[kde-community] QtCurve

Yichao Yu yyc1992 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 15:55:20 GMT 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Yuri Chornoivan
> Just want to notice that QtCurve has well-established translation
> infrastructure unlike some recent approved KDE projects. It would be great to
> have it with ready-to-release translations in KDE catalogs. :)

As for translation, I actually have a few questions:

1, If the translations of QtCurve is merged with kde-i18n, is it still
possible to release the translations along with QtCurve itself? Will
this also make it harder to make git package? (like this[1]).
2, I've noticed that KDE has automatic tools to merge tranlations into
desktop files. I'm wondering if its behavior can be custimized. E.g.
is it possible to make the merge at build time (not so bad if this is
not possible) and can it support non-standard (QtCurve specific)
desktop file (or maybe I should call it ini file). I might want to add
sth like this to QtCurve in the near future (mainly for the configure
system) and I don't think it is a good idea to modify the KDE scripts
for QtCurve because I would like to keep the freedom to change how
these QtCurve internal files are handled.

Yichao Yu

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/qtcurve-git/