[kde-community] Windows licenses

Patrick von Reth patrick at von-reth.de
Wed Jan 22 08:19:47 GMT 2014

Hi I really like the idea but keep in mind that keeping a kde setup up and running does take a lot of work, and an unlimited set of licences would not help us at all if no one manages the vms.
In my experience it is no problem having mingw and msvc setup on one system, you probably don't want to compile with both all the time but the system will handle it quite fine, in in case of vms the io operations on the same hardware would stay the same.
It still would be useful to have one server instance for mingw and one for msvc because then multiple people could work at the same time and as both setups are independent the amount of work to manage them is not increased.

For pacman: pacman is as far as I know only part of msys2 , and quite useful there to install dev tools etc, but it is of no use for us, as we don't want users to install msys to install kde, and we don't want to develop stuff inside of msys.

Cheers

Patrick