[kde-community] Plasmoids and Apps - was - Re: Applications in KDE Generation 5

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 23:58:58 GMT 2014

Hi folks, I've finally gotten up-to-date on this long, technical and
emotional discussion. I'd just like to say, I love each of you who
wrote. You care about quality, you care about the KDE community, and
you care deeply about one another.

Damn do I love this community. As long as we can keep remembering that
-- that we love one another, even while we might be hurt by a chance
remark -- we can get through this. On most technical lists, it
wouldn't be OK to bring these feelings to the surface, I guess. But
guess what? This is the community list, and feelings are right there
along with the technical details.

It is worthwhile to remember that our words have power. One of the
things I've found useful, when I hear my keys banging loudly, is to
finish the email I'm typing and then walk away. Let those emotions
dissipate a bit, and then return to the keyboard to turn the language
down a notch before sending. Strong feelings are awesome! We get angry
and hurt for the same reason we feel joy -- because we care. But
sometimes the email should wait a few minute or even a day before
being sent.

We care, and that's why we're able to create the best software in the world.

Thanks to each of you for being YOU.

Valorie
--
http://about.me/valoriez