[kde-community] Kubuntu documentation

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sat Dec 14 12:58:57 GMT 2013

On Saturday 14 December 2013 10.54.50 Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> Recently I wrote to the KDE Docs team and KDE WWW team asking for
> permission to put working copies of the Kubuntu documentation on the
> Userbase wiki. Albert raised an interesting objection, which I can
> only bring to this group for discussion.

My first instinct was to say that we should have all the application
documentation on the kde servers.
Then I went to the kubunutu website and quickly realized that this is
already the case.  The amount of information on the kubuntu server, which
is not specific to that distro, seems to be quite low.  Most of the good
stuff is already on userbase.kde.org.

Other things just overlap. For instance compare;
http://userbase.kde.org/Applications/Games
http://docs.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/KubuntuDocs/Software/Games.html

Valorie; what is the gain you are aiming for?  What content would KDE
benefit from copying from kubuntu?

The kubuntu docs wiki seems to me to be quite elegant. A list of packages
in the distro and links to the deeper information of the various upstreams.
For instance the office section links to the libreoffice site as well as the
callgra site.
--
Thomas Zander