[kde-community] Kubuntu documentation

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Dec 14 12:02:58 GMT 2013

El Dissabte, 14 de desembre de 2013, a les 12:33:20, Martin Graesslin va
escriure:
> On Saturday 14 December 2013 12:13:10 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El Dissabte, 14 de desembre de 2013, a les 11:35:23, Martin Graesslin va
> >
> > escriure:

> > > I don't see the problem at the moment. Albert, could you please
> > > elaborate
> > > on your reasoning. For me it looks like KDE would just provide some more
> > > "source code" which can be packaged by the distribution.
> >
> > Just that this "source code" will be distribution specific.
>
> where's the difference to
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sysadmin/muon

Muon is technically not Ubuntu specific afaik.

> or all the *suse
> branches in svn/work?

Good question, otoh they predate the time were we add a Manifesto that helped
us make these kind of decisions.

> I don't know the Kubuntu documentation, but apart from installation there
> should not be much which is Kubuntu specific. If it's about the applications
> it should be merged with the upstream documentation in my opinion.

Agreed :-)

> Better
> docs for everyone :-) I just had a short look at http://docs.kubuntu.org
> and I'm quite sure that it could be reworked to not be Kubuntu specific.
> E.g. the Getting Involved could be rewritten to be generic for all
> distributions by having multiple sections:
> * Kubuntu
> * openSUSE
> * Arch
> * ...
>
> Kubuntu could then just extract the relevant part for their documentation.
> Or am I missing something?

Nope. I was just a bit hesitant about using our wikis just as a dumping ground
for stuff that would only end up in docs.kubuntu.org and on the kubuntu ISO.

But as I said if you read my emails, I'm not vetoing it, I am not sure even if
I'm opossed, I just want the people that will take the decision to think about
it.

Cheers,
  Albert