[kde-community] Discussion: KDE Manifesto, "established practices"

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Mon Nov 18 16:40:36 GMT 2013

On 18.11.2013 17:31, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> If people really feel the name, the “established practices” could link to:
>
> 	http://techbase.kde.org/Policies
>
> This would be much like how the CoC is linked to rather than included in the
> Manifesto. The language on the Policies page would need adjustment and the
> list of links would need updating.

This makes sense to me. We can write on the Policies page that its
content will change over time if we want to make that absolutely clear,
but linking to an overview page with links to relevant policies sounds
way better to me than basically saying "We have policies, please look
them up yourself".
If people are supposed to look them up themselves, neither we nor they
can be sure that they have read all the relevant ones.
Besides, such an overview page should be available for practical reasons
anyway. We should not have people sift through the Wiki in search for
policies which may or may not be relevant to them, with or without the
Manifesto. Overview pages are good, and linking to this one from the
Manifesto may serve as an additional incentive to keep it up to date.

Best,
Thomas