[kde-community] Discussion: KDE Manifesto, "established practices"

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Nov 13 12:35:22 GMT 2013

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 18:38:24 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Sorry to top-post, but this is getting wordier and wordier and I have
> long lost trace of what is said. Could we have a tl::dr wrap-up,
> please?

my position:

* “special considerations” is ill defined and can be applied to nearly anything
	* this defeats the point of having such language in the manifesto

* abuse of loosely defined phrasing has happened in the past within KDE

* exceptions to established practices exist and belong in the documentation
for that practice
	example: coding style is noted as variable across KDE in the commit policy

* the new wording is ‘relaxed’ enough to not come across as overly strict,
even without exceptions; KISS

--
Aaron J. Seigo