[kde-community] Proposal: KDE Manifesto wording revision

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Tue Nov 12 21:53:18 GMT 2013

On Tuesday 12 November 2013 21.08.21 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 November 2013 17:51:36 Eike Hein wrote:
> > On Tuesday 12 November 2013 17:33:08 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > if that is not clear (and apparently it is not .. you aren’t the
> > > first to suggest this) then perhaps we need a phrase other than
> > > “project assets” or some clarification of it.
> >
> > I was toying with 'deliverables', but it doesn't feel quite
> > right either. Unless any of you feel that works?
>
> I purposefully try to stay away from discussions to avoid introducing my
> own biases... But I'll make an exception for that one.
>
> Maybe "project" is the wrong scope indeed, it seems you guys try to say
> it's the "product" which matters. So what about "product assets"
> instead?

All these may actually exclude the stuff that is used to create the
deliverables. If you use gimp to draw, the gimp file is imporant, but the
"asset" and "deliverable" is typically used for the png you export.
So I'm assuming we want the source-materials, and in that case those names
may not be the best.

What about calling them; "source materials". Or "Product source materials"?

Just thinking out loud...
--
Thomas Zander