[kde-community] Proposal: KDE Manifesto wording revision

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 10:43:39 GMT 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 5:34 AM, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 11 November 2013 14:25:32 Kevin Ottens wrote:
>> I'd like to note I'm glad that you all took the time to resolve this issue
>> by using a better medium than email. Thanks for that, less time spent
>> tracking emails and ideas back and forth for me.
>
> Definitely helped; hopefully providing the log also manages
> to strike the right balance in terms of transparency of the
> process.
>

>> Thanks again for the progress made on that point.
>
> Agreed - assuming everyone else likes the proposal as well,
> it was really nice to see that we can discuss something as
> fundamental as productively, and respect and integrate our
> concerns as a result.
>
> Working processes to refine and adapt the Manifesto are an
> important component to making the Manifesto work, so hope-
> fully we manage to keep that up.
>

>> Cheers.
>
> Cheers,
> Eike

This makes me so happy. I've been through various "by-law fights" in
the past, which sometimes exhaust or even break apart groups. Instead,
I see us really grappling with our shared values, strengths and
weaknesses, and putting them together in a really clear, evolving
document.

My compliments to everyone for fighting fair, holding out for your
values, and seeing it through to a good conclusion. This is what good
dialogue is: thinking together.

Valorie