[kde-community] Discussion: KDE Manifesto, "web services"

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Nov 11 19:04:52 GMT 2013

On Monday 11 November 2013 12:41:29 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> On Monday 11 November 2013 10:44:35 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Sunday, November 10, 2013 19:12:29 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> > > "Projects that do not use KDE infrastructure for their online
> > > services must
> > > work with the KDE sysadmin team on an agreement to ensure
> > > continuity.">
> > Perhaps it could be stated in the positive:
> >
> > * Online services associated with the project are either hosted on
> > KDE infrastructure or have an action plan that ensures continuity
> > which is approved by the KDE system administration team
> >
> > it’s a bit longer than your nice, tight treatment, but it notes both
> > possibilities (KDE infra or not) in the positive and implies that
> > KDE
> > infrastructure is desired. it also moves the “must work .. on an
> > agreement”, which simply says they must be working on such a thing,
> > to being a commitment as they “have an action plan"
>
> Indeed I like that wording better[*]. A bit longer indeed but still OK
> compared to what we have right now.
>
> Anybody disagrees with that proposal?

Is the "which is approved by the KDE system administration team" really
needed? I think it could be left out. If the fact that the action plan
needs to be approved should be stressed then "approved" could be added
before action plan, i.e.

* Online services associated with the project are either hosted on
KDE infrastructure or have an approved action plan that ensures
continuity

Regards,
Ingo