[kde-community] Downtime for some services

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Sep 6 12:24:34 BST 2013

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi everyone,

> Due to likely disk issues on one of our servers, it is necessary to
> replace both disks which the system uses. To ensure data integrity is
> maintained, we will begin moving data off the system now, shutting
> down services as we go.
>
> The following services are affected:
> - SCM (git.kde.org and svn.kde.org)
> - Bugzilla (bugs.kde.org)
> - Identity (including login for all sites using Identity authentication)
> - Continuous Integration (build.kde.org)
> - All IRC services (pursuivant, sKreamer, insanity, all bouncer accounts)
> - Some other websites (pride.kde.org, conf.kde.org).
>
> Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

One of the defective disks has now been swapped with a replacement
disk, and services have been resumed.
There will be future downtime in the near future to replace the
remaining defective disk with a new disk, however it should be
significantly shorter in duration.

Performance of the system over the next 24 hours will be degraded
compared to normal as the RAID array rebuilds itself.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin