[kde-community] The Future of Speech Recognition in KDE: Proposal

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Sep 6 08:17:04 BST 2013

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 7:06 PM, Peter Grasch <peter at grasch.net> wrote:

> On 09/04/2013 08:35 PM, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Peter Grasch <peter at grasch.net>
>> wrote:
>>> I'm posting this here on the community list because I want to
>>> hear your thoughts on the proposal. Do you think that the 'open
>>> speech group' would fit within KDE?
>>
>> The work you've done so far is outstanding and I'm always delighted
>> to see KDE provide accessibility features thanks to your work. So a
>> big +1 from me to expand this and move it further.
>
> Thank you.

Hi Peter,

> I feel like there have been a lot of positive responses so far, and
> I'd now like to move this to the "execution" stage :)
>
> Sadly, I haven't found any documentation about the procedure of
> requesting a new extragear category.
> Is an online membership vote required or should I just open a sysadmin
> ticket?
> (all other steps from my proposal have a clear procedure)

Any developer can request a repository to be created by filing a
sysadmin ticket.
All new repositories must pass from playground through KDE Review
before they can enter Extragear however, per the KDE Application Life
Cycle.

You might need to wait for a little bit though, as nobody can log into
the ticket system as Identity is down.

> Best regards,
> Peter

Regards,