[kde-community] Qt Community partner

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 08:39:57 BST 2013

On Wednesday 04 September 2013 10:09:31 Paul Adams wrote:
> On 3 September 2013 21:27, Jos Poortvliet <jos at opensuse.org> wrote:
> > Digia notes that with the partners, they work to:
> > * Showcase the strength of the Qt ecosystem
> > * Facilitate creation of new Qt solutions
> > * Promote Qt adoption in new areas
> > * Create value for the whole Qt ecosystem
>
> Doing these things is all in Digia's interest. Question: What's in it for
> us?
One one hand, we benefit from Qt growth. But more importantly I think we should
be showcasing our technologies and what we have to offer to more in the Qt
ecosystem. Many people and companies have no idea about what KDE could have to
offer them. It's the main reason we (kde promo) are working on an article about
Frameworks 5 and helping the Frameworks team with the promotion of their work
coming December and after that.

This could offer, perhaps, a chance of getting in contact with more players in
the Qt ecosystem.

Of course, we need to get our stuff in order before that is really worthwhile -
think about inqlude.org getting some kind of facelift and frameworks 5 getting
in a better shape.

/J