[kde-community] Call for Hosts published for Akademy 2014

Carl Symons carlsymons at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 15:56:42 BST 2013

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 3:08 AM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org> wrote:
> Heya folks :)
>
> We published the call for hosts for Akademy 2014.
> http://dot.kde.org/2013/08/31/akademy-2014-call-host
> Akademy is our most important meetup and we are looking for a team to
> host it next year. Hosting an Akademy is an amazing contribution to
> KDE. Please think about if you are willing and able to host it or if
> you know someone who would fit. Please spread the call in your
> network.
> If you have questions please contact the board.
>

> Cheers
> Lydia

Hosting Akademy can seem daunting. Please don't let this be a major
consideration. There is an experienced team within the KDE Community
that will work in close partnership with the host team. You will
succeed.

Besides KDE, your local community also stands to benefit from Akademy.
We work mostly online, invisible to the outside world. Unique among
KDE projects, hosting Akademy gives KDE a physical presence including
exceptional people who contribute their energy to serving others. The
way that Akademy is extended into the local community depends on the
imagination of the local team. Experienced people are available to
assist with ideas and implementation.

Carl