[kde-community] The Future of Speech Recognition in KDE: Proposal

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Sat Aug 31 15:35:07 BST 2013

Whoops, just for clarity: When I wrote "speech recognition"
up there I meant "dictation", since that's the new bit.

But the general point is that solutions/stacks that provide
the ability to use voice to interact with computers being
available freely is something that seems a good, complemen-
tary fit with what the KDE community is doing, and expan-
ding on the foundations Simon has already laid for doing
this within the community seems sensible.

Cheers,
Eike