[kde-community] Tupi: Open 2D Magic

Gustav González xtingray at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 15:59:11 BST 2013

Hello again!

This is an example of the new header I added to every file of the source
code for my next minor release:

https://github.com/xtingray/tupi/blob/experimental/src/shell/main.cpp

I tried to use the same text of the examples that some of you sent me. If
there's something wrong with it, please tell me to update the headers with
the right content.

Thanks!

2013/8/27 Thomas Zander <zander at kde.org>

> On Tuesday 27 August 2013 15.58.05 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > On 2013-08-27, Thomas Zander <zander at kde.org> wrote:
> > > KDE does not prefer v2 over v3, so the sentence above is a bit
> > > confusing to me.
> > > See also;
> > > http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy
> > > point 5 includes the "or later" part.
> >
> > erm. you reading is wrong. Let me emphazise some bits.
> >
> > |  * GPL version 2 as listed in kdelibs/COPYING or later
> > |  * GPL version 2 or version 3 or later versions approved by the
> > |
> > |     membership of KDE e.V.
> > |
> > | Note each bulletpoint above is a single option, it can not be licenced
> > | under just part of one bulletpoint option
> >
> > this means that you have to choose between those lines, not choose part
> > of it, e.g. the 'or later' part only.
>
> Ah, Sune, thanks for the mail. I guess I expressed myself poorly.
>
> My mail was essentially to make sure that Tupi now is GPLv2-or-later, as
> opposed to GPLv2-only.
> Which means having the "or later" words in the license header of each file.
>
> I guess my mail could be read differently, so I hope this makes it clearer;
> In KDE we prever v2+. Or in other words, we prefer v2-or-later. Which the
> document I linked indeed specifies like Sune pointed out.
>
> --
> Thomas Zander

  Gustav Gonzalez
  xtingray at gmail.com