[kde-community] Why were there no talks about Ubuntu Mobile at Akademy?

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 22 23:53:41 BST 2013

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 23:16:27 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> I only have a high level overview of both Frameworks and Ubuntu Touch, but
> I'd say there's not much intersection on things being developed at this
> stage.

ranging from packaging formats for QML and native mobile apps to the QML
components API[1] to further work on status notifiers / app indicators there is
tons of intersection.

furthermore, a lot of the functionality in kdelibs, particularly once teased
out into discrete modules, would be very welcome by developers. easy example:
karchive .. is there yet another Qt5 library that provides such a nice API to
dealing with compressed file archives?

there is a lot of technical overlap, it just takes people to recognize the
benefits of collaboration who sit down together and go through the big topics
over the course of some period of time.

[1] if this wasn’t true, we would not have implemented a compatible units API
in 4.11

--
Aaron J. Seigo