[kde-community] Why were there no talks about Ubuntu Mobile at Akademy?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Aug 15 14:25:05 BST 2013

El Dijous, 15 d'agost de 2013, a les 13:37:56, Jos Poortvliet va escriure:
> Heya,
>
> See the subject - I don't understand why, if Ubuntu wants people to
> develop apps for their Qt/QML based Phone OS (and perhaps, later,
> desktop), they were not at Akademy? Not as sponsors, not with a booth,
> not with talks and sessions... Or were they and I just didn't notice
> them?
>
> They DID know that the single largest bunch of qualified Qt/QML
> developers was having a meeting in Spain, did they?

We (with canonical hat) did know, since I (with KDE hat) told them/us (too
many hats, getting confused).

Michael Zanetti was at Akademy too (wearing both his KDE and canonical hats
too).

The company thought having two KDE+Ubuntu Phone hackers at Akademy was enough.

Cheers,
  Albert